Saturday, April 11, 2015

Quick update!

Things are going well!

Orthodontist
Dr. S says my braces can come off this month as long as Dr. M is okay with it! That's the exciting news. In other news, they clipped a wire that was poking me and put a new power chain on my upper braces. I mentioned how my bite feels off at times.  Sometimes it still hits more on the right ride or heavy on a tooth in the front.  Dr. S shaved down a little of my front tooth in hopes of making my bite a little more comfortable. It was an immediate difference, but then it felt like it hit more on another front tooth. Dr. S said that he wanted to wait before shaving any other teeth down.  The bite should settle and get more comfortable. It's been a few days, and the bite is already feeling more normal.

Surgeon
My follow up with the surgeon lasted about 5 minutes. Dr. M came in and said things are looking good. He says my smile is "going to be dynamite" after all of this. Fingers crossed he is right! Gooood news: I got the green light for getting my braces off!  Wooohoo! I was not expecting it to be this soon after surgery! I was thinking it would've been June at the earliest. 

Both doctors said they could tweak my bite after the braces are gone. I'm not quite sure how, but what do I know? 

Next:
April 28th - braces off
May 1st - teeth cleaning (getting rid of the stains from the mouth rinse!)
May 13th - follow up with the surgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment