Saturday, March 8, 2014

Looking Like A Chipmunk

This should be a pretty short post, but I just wanted to update ya'll. A lot of these days have run together, but that's probably because there hasn't been much diversity in my schedule. :P

Day 2
Like Day 1, I wasn't feeling too bad.  I could tell there was a little more swelling.  My biggest complaint in the morning is the nasal congestion with the inability to blow my nose. If I tried to blow my nose too soon after surgery, the pressure would cause a lot of bleeding and mess up the stitches in my mouth. Unfortunately, the only other option trying to sniff/swallow it all. (Gross, I know. Sorry!)  That hasn't been to much of a problem since because I realized the Mucinex D can be taken every 12 hours instead of 24. My day/evening consisted of visits with family and friends, smoothies, pudding, applesauce, soup, movies, word puzzles, and sudoku.

Pictures from Day 2
(Hah! Numbness makes a very crooked smile.)       
   
Haha! My uncle kept saying he wanted to see me with a big cone around my head. 
I thought it was funny, so I obliged. 


Day 3
Very similar day to yesterday! This seems to be the worse swelling day so far. Apparently some yellow/green bruises are visible.  My mom and friend say it is there, but I haven't been able to see it yet. Made camp in my chair in the living room and watched movies, napped, ate soft foods, and had a friend visit :)

Pictures from Day 3

Looking like Francine
     

Sweet Sophie napping with me... Tess would be up here, too, if she could!

Day 4/today
Congestion has improved a lot!  But my face is still pretty swollen. Not painful, but feels heavy!  It's a strange feeling when I bend down or anything because all the blood rushes to my cheeks, and it feels like my face is weighing me down.  I'm still not in a ton of pain, but I am experiencing an intense pressure when I try to say certain sounds.  "-P"s, "-B"s, "-M"s, and a few more send almost a shooting sensation behind my front teeth. Again, it isn't excruciating but definitely concerning.  I've had to tell a few of my best friends that they can't visit today, which I hate, but think is necessary.  I seem to be having a little more difficulty talking today, so a break will probably help the healing process.  
Pictures from Day 3



I will update when something new happens! In the meantime, I am going to go try to find some sort of soft food I'm not sick of yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment