Thursday, March 27, 2014

Surprise Braces

I am going to try to be quick with these updates!

Last Thursday, I had a follow up with the surgeon.  He walked into the room, saw my gap a little wider than before, and yelled, "Stop!!" Haha, the gap was big enough! Well, to his standards, but it still had to be checked by the orthodontist.

*fast forward*

The wonderful orthodontist got me in on Monday. Dr.S said the gap looked good, that my upper jaw is wide enough now!  I thought that'd be it for this visit, but then Dr. S asked me if I wanted to get my braces on.
Now?  

Yes, now...

I call them my Surprise Braces!  What's nice about them is that I didn't have to get any more bands on (yet). What's not so nice is soreness, the hooks on the brackets are irritating my cheeks/gums, and even more of a lisp.



*fast forward again*

We saw the surgeon again on Wednesday. He was surprised to see the braces, but he and Dr. S have worked so closely together for so long, it was no problem. Sadly though, this means I won't need to see him or the orthodontist for about six weeks.  I've really enjoyed getting to see all the nurses and doctors as much as I have been.


That's really all I've got for now. I guess I won't need to update for a while, so I'll let you know how things have changed next time.

On a different note, I have noticed a subtle change in my face. It is very subtle, but I feel like my face has some sharper angles? I don't know, maybe I'm just seeing things... but I don't hate it!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that if you're feeling like your face changed, you at least like the way it changed!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete